Stopford is an international energy and environment consultancy providing innovative multi-disciplinary solutions to a global market. Established in 1982, headquartered in Ellesmere Port with a subsidiary R&D and Environmental consultancy office based at Lancaster University.
At Stopford we have extensive experience working with large multi-national companies encompassing a breadth of sectors, including Oil & Gas, Terminals and Tank Storage.
Our in-house team of multi-disciplinary engineering consultants and designers have the capabilities and experience to carry out multi-disciplinary engineering projects from Concept through Feasibility, FEED, Detail–design, Construction supervision, Commissioning, Handover and Training.
Stopford have developed robust independent consultancy, analysis and advice to support the Tank Storage industries specialising in;
- Terminal Design – Multi-Product, Aviation and Biofuels, loading gantry filling and storage systems.
- Firewater Management & Control Measures – Emergency response, Bund Design, recommended Fire Water, Controlled Burn Options, Fire Risk Assessments.
- Health & Safety Consultancy – Risk Evaluation; Hazop, LOPA, Surge Analysis, DSEAR Compliance, ATEX, COMAH, Functional Safety
- Project Management – Project support services (cost control, procurement/expediting, planning, document control), QHSE and Construction supervision including CDM Duty Holder roles.
- Training – Bespoke Process Safety packages, accredited by Cogent