A one-day “Introduction to Excise Duties” course will be held on 2 October 2018 in Cheadle near Manchester. The cost is £350 per person. The Course begins at 09.15. Dates for 2019 will be announced here when finalised.
The agenda is:
• WHAT IS EXCISE DUTY? WHICH PRODUCTS ARE COVERED?
• BASIC STRUCTURE OF EXCISE DUTIES
• REGISTRATION/AUTHORISATION BY HMRC OF PRODUCTION PREMISES
• BONDED WAREHOUSES/DUTY SUSPENDED STORAGE
• PRODUCTION AND STOCK ACCOUNTING
• RULES FOR MOVEMENT OF EXCISE PRODUCTS
• DUTY POINTS – WHAT TRIGGERS LIABILITY TO PAY?
• DUTY DECLARATION AND PAYMENT PROCEDURES
• DUTY RATES
• RECORD KEEPING REQUIREMENTS
• CONTROL OF EXCISE DUTIES BY HMRC
• OVERVIEW OF EACH EXCISE DUTY BY PRODUCT AREA
• KEY RISKS
As well as this one day “public” course an “in-house” version covering the same topics is available. The additional benefit of an in-house course is that it can be tailored to meet the exact requirements of the customer.
To pursue either option contact John Spargo, Customs 558 Limited, who will make the necessary arrangements.