One-day “Introduction to Excise Duties” courses will be held on 14 May 2018 and 2 October 2018 in Cheadle near Manchester and 6 February 2018 in London. The cost is £350 per person (Manchester) and £495 per person (London). The Courses begin at 09.15
The agenda is:
• WHAT IS EXCISE DUTY? WHICH PRODUCTS ARE COVERED?
• BASIC STRUCTURE OF EXCISE DUTIES
• REGISTRATION/AUTHORISATION BY HMRC OF PRODUCTION PREMISES
• BONDED WAREHOUSES/DUTY SUSPENDED STORAGE
• PRODUCTION AND STOCK ACCOUNTING
• RULES FOR MOVEMENT OF EXCISE PRODUCTS
• DUTY POINTS – WHAT TRIGGERS LIABILITY TO PAY?
• DUTY DECLARATION AND PAYMENT PROCEDURES
• DUTY RATES
• RECORD KEEPING REQUIREMENTS
• CONTROL OF EXCISE DUTIES BY HMRC
• OVERVIEW OF EACH EXCISE DUTY BY PRODUCT AREA
• KEY RISKS
As well as this one day “public” course an “in-house” version covering the same topics is available. The additional benefit of an in-house course is that it can be tailored to meet the exact requirements of the customer.
To pursue either option contact John Spargo, Customs 558 Limited, who will make the necessary arrangements.